2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
Yamaha India has launched the 2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR in India, with the drum variant priced at Rs 53,451, while the disc variant comes in at Rs 55,898 (both prices ex-showroom, Delhi). For 2018, Yamaha added more colour options to its Ray-ZR scooter, which was originally launched in 2016. These new colours include Armada Blue, Matte Green, Maverick Blue and Rooster Red. Of these, only the Matte Green and Maverick Blue are available on the drum variant while the disc variant has no such limitations. The Darknight Edition of the Ray-ZR also continues to be on sale. There are no mechanical changes to the 2018 Yamaha Cygnus Ray-ZR and it carries on with the same air-cooled, 4-stroke 113 cc, Blue Core engine as its predecessor. This engine is the same one powering the Yamaha Fascino and the Cygnus Alpha and puts out 8PS of power and 9Nm of torque. In our road test, we found that this engine propels the Cygnus Ray-ZR from 0 t0 60kmph in 10.2 seconds, and onwards to a top speed of 85kmph. Other attributes of this scooter are a lightweight body (103 kg) and tubeless tyres.
Yamaha Motor India senior vice-president of sales and marketing, Roy Kurian stated that these changes are in line with Yamaha's goal of making inroads into the scooter segment in India, which has registered a strong growth of 12 per cent. This is more than the 8 per cent which the entire two-wheeler market grew in 2017.
The Ray-ZR competes with the likes of the Honda Dio and Suzuki Lets in a segment which has become increasingly popular among youngsters and small families looking for a convenient city-centric runabout. The Cygnus Ray-ZR, in particular, has been targeted at a younger, style-conscious audience.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
Starts Rs 52,137
Starts Rs 49,030
Starts Rs 54,593
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip