2018 Yamaha Star Eluder revealed
Japanese motorcycle maker Yamaha has taken the wraps off its 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder big, bad, bagger motorcycle in the USA, where it will be priced from $ 22,499 (Rs 14.37 lakh approximately). The Eluder is heavily-based on the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture full dresser cross-country touring motorcycle and shares all the mechanicals from the latter. To get to its bagger guise, the 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder loses the top storage box and the 3.5-inch windscreen of its heftier sibling. The Yamaha Star Venture will compete with the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special, Indian Springfield Dark Horse, BMW K1600 B, and Honda Gold Wing F6B on launch. It comes powered by the same 1,854cc air-cooled OHV V-twin, with 4 valves per cylinder and makes a similar 170Nm of torque as the Venture.
The Yamaha Star Eluder is powered by the same 1,854cc V-twin engine as the Yamaha Star Venture
The 'torque-rich' engine ensures you can cruise at 120kmph in sixth gear with the motor ticking over at 2,750rpm. The motor of the 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder comes mated to a six-speed transmission with slipper clutch and final drive is via belt. The bagger gets ride-by-wire in the form of Yamaha's Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) for smooth delivery of its hefty torque from low rpm. To keep things in check, the Eluder also comes with cruise control as well as D Mode, which allows the rider to choose between Smooth and Sport modes. With a claimed 14.45kmpl fuel consumption and a 25-litre tank, the Star Eluder has a range of more than 360km on a single fill.
With a claimed fuel efficiency of 14.45kmpl, the Yamaha Star Eluder has a range of over 360km
The Yamaha Star Eluder weighs 397kg (wet). It still retains the wide faired front housing four headlamps from the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture, albeit with a shorter windscreen. According to Yamaha, the motorcycle is a blend of traditional luxury touring features and modern tech, which includes a 7-inch LCD touchscreen infotainment system which can also be handlebar-controlled whilst on the move. The most important aspect of a long-distance cruiser is its comfort and the 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder does not disappoint with fat 46mm telescopic forks up front that offer 5.1 inches of travel, while the rear has a single shock with 4.3-inch travel. Preload on the rear can be remote-controlled on the fly.
Starts Rs 29,99,000
Starts Rs 33,50,000
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac