2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 launched in India at Rs 20.73 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the 2018 YZF-R1 in India at Rs 20.73 lakh (ex-showroom). The Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bike inspired R1 received a few upgrades for 2018 that brings it at oar with the competition in the litre class segment.
The 208 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets an updated Quick Shift System (QSS) which allows clutch less downshifts and upshifts at full throttle. On downshifts the auto blipper matches engine revs to ensure minimal chassis disruption. The Wheel Lift Control has also been updated for a smoother, more progressive intervention. Besides these updates, the 2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 also gets two new colours- Blue and Black.
The engine is the same as in the 2017 model. The 998cc, inline 4-cylinder, crossplane crankshaft engine produces 200PS and 112.4Nm. The talking bit about the motor is the titanium connecting rods that are 60 per cent lighter than steel.
Speaking about the new YZF-R1, Roy Kurian, senior vice president, Sales and Marketing, India Yamaha Motors said that the new R1 is expected to attract the young racing enthusiast in the country.
The Yamaha YZF-R1 borrows styling cues from the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike. It is also the first street legal, production motorcycle to use a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). The R1 also has a raft of electronic aids such as Launch Control, Slide Control, banking-sensitive Traction Control and ABS.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS