2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 launched in India, image gallery
Yamaha enthusiasts in India can rejoice as the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has launched the updated 2018 YZF-R1 at Rs 20.73 lakh (ex-showroom). The company states that the new R1 comes with MotoGP YZR-M1 technology, a crossplane engine, short wheelbase chassis and high-tech electronics. We believe the new Yamaha R1 will be a true performer considering it gets a 200PS motor, weighs 199kg and has a compact wheelbase of 1,405mm. The 208 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets an updated Quick Shift System (QSS) which allows clutch less downshifts and upshifts at full throttle. On downshifts the auto blipper matches engine revs to ensure minimal chassis disruption. The Wheel Lift Control has also been updated for a smoother, more progressive intervention. Besides these updates, the 2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 also gets two new colours- Blue and Black. Get all the details of the 2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 launched in India here. Scroll below to see the details of the superbike.
The Yamaha YZF-R1 borrows styling cues from the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike
The Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bike inspired R1 received a few upgrades for 2018 that brings it at oar with the competition in the litre class segment.
The 998cc, inline 4-cylinder, crossplane crankshaft engine produces 200PS and 112.4Nm.
It is also the first street legal, production motorcycle to use a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
The R1 also has a raft of electronic aids such as Launch Control, Slide Control, banking-sensitive Traction Control and ABS.
The 2018 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets an updated Quick Shift System (QSS) which allows clutch less downshifts and upshifts at full throttle.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019