2018 Yamaha YZF R15 gets new colour options in Indonesia
Yamaha has announced new colour options for the YZF-R15 v3 in the Indonesian market. These new colours are black, yellow and black/blue. The black/blue bike now also gets blue alloys while new decals have been added across the range. Other changes made to the Indonesian bikes are upside-down forks finished in gold and colour matched pinstriping on the black alloy wheels. The bike is priced at 35.2 million Indonesian Rupiah or Rs 1.6 lakh.
The Indonesian Yamaha YZF R15 v3 is mechanically similar to the Indian bike and comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 percent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 percent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 percent. The new R15 v3 borrows its styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now. When compared to the Indonesian version, the Indian bike loses the upside down forks and grippier IRC tyres. It gets the simpler telescopic forks and MRF tyres to keep costs in check. The Indian bike is priced at Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The motorcycle was launched in Indonesia in 2017, about a year before its India launch. These updates have been introduced to keep the bike fresh and given the similarities between the Indonesian and Indian models, could make their way here eventually.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review