2018 Yamaha YZF R15 gets new colour options in Indonesia
Yamaha has announced new colour options for the YZF-R15 v3 in the Indonesian market. These new colours are black, yellow and black/blue. The black/blue bike now also gets blue alloys while new decals have been added across the range. Other changes made to the Indonesian bikes are upside-down forks finished in gold and colour matched pinstriping on the black alloy wheels. The bike is priced at 35.2 million Indonesian Rupiah or Rs 1.6 lakh.
The Indonesian Yamaha YZF R15 v3 is mechanically similar to the Indian bike and comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 percent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 percent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 percent. The new R15 v3 borrows its styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now. When compared to the Indonesian version, the Indian bike loses the upside down forks and grippier IRC tyres. It gets the simpler telescopic forks and MRF tyres to keep costs in check. The Indian bike is priced at Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The motorcycle was launched in Indonesia in 2017, about a year before its India launch. These updates have been introduced to keep the bike fresh and given the similarities between the Indonesian and Indian models, could make their way here eventually.
Starts Rs 18,16,192
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India