2019 Aprilia RSV4 in the works, could be more powerful than the Ducati Panigale V4
Aprilia is not going to let its V4 crown slip in the wake of the Panigale V4's challenge. While 2018 has been Ducati's year with the launch of the Panigale V4, reports suggest that there is a new Aprilia RSV4 in the works which will make even more power than the Ducati flagship. The power figure estimate for the new Aprilia flagship, which is around 218-225PS, while the Panigale V4 makes in the range of 214PS to 226PS in its different forms. The new RSV4 is expected to first be revealed at EICMA 2018 later this year, and be launched globally by mid-2019.
Aprilia introduced a limited edition RSV4 with winglets inspired from their RS GP MotoGP race bike, earlier this year
The Aprilia RSV4 has so far been offered with a 1,000cc V4 engine so that it can compete in the World Superbike Championship (WSBK). However, the next iteration of the motorcycle could sport two engine options - one a 1,000cc unit homologated for WSBK, and the other with a 1,100cc or more displacement. The latter could come derived from the motor already powering its Tuono V4 1100 naked. The V4 engine on the current generation RSV4 makes 204PS.
The RSV4 was originally launched in 2009, which means it will complete a decade in production next year. Despite the various updates it has received over the years, the 2019 model will be the first time that Aprilia brings a comprehensive update to this model. This will come in the form of a new chassis design or a heavily reworked version of its current aluminium twin-spar unit.
There could also be a big change to the design. This could come in the form of aero bits such as winglets on the front fairing inspired from the RS-GP MotoGP race bike used by Aleix Espargaro and Scott Redding this season. We have already seen some of these cosmetic changes on the 2018 RSV4 RF limited edition launched earlier this year.
Starts Rs 14,57,000
Starts Rs 21,29,000
Starts Rs 20,57,000
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- News2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF facelift launched in India for Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip