2019 Aprilia RSV4 in the works, could be more powerful than the Ducati Panigale V4
Aprilia is not going to let its V4 crown slip in the wake of the Panigale V4's challenge. While 2018 has been Ducati's year with the launch of the Panigale V4, reports suggest that there is a new Aprilia RSV4 in the works which will make even more power than the Ducati flagship. The power figure estimate for the new Aprilia flagship, which is around 218-225PS, while the Panigale V4 makes in the range of 214PS to 226PS in its different forms. The new RSV4 is expected to first be revealed at EICMA 2018 later this year, and be launched globally by mid-2019.
Aprilia introduced a limited edition RSV4 with winglets inspired from their RS GP MotoGP race bike, earlier this year
The Aprilia RSV4 has so far been offered with a 1,000cc V4 engine so that it can compete in the World Superbike Championship (WSBK). However, the next iteration of the motorcycle could sport two engine options - one a 1,000cc unit homologated for WSBK, and the other with a 1,100cc or more displacement. The latter could come derived from the motor already powering its Tuono V4 1100 naked. The V4 engine on the current generation RSV4 makes 204PS.
The RSV4 was originally launched in 2009, which means it will complete a decade in production next year. Despite the various updates it has received over the years, the 2019 model will be the first time that Aprilia brings a comprehensive update to this model. This will come in the form of a new chassis design or a heavily reworked version of its current aluminium twin-spar unit.
There could also be a big change to the design. This could come in the form of aero bits such as winglets on the front fairing inspired from the RS-GP MotoGP race bike used by Aleix Espargaro and Scott Redding this season. We have already seen some of these cosmetic changes on the 2018 RSV4 RF limited edition launched earlier this year.
Starts Rs 14,53,000
Starts Rs 20,99,000
Starts Rs 20,53,000
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28