2019 Bajaj Qute quadricycle launched in Maharashtra at Rs 2.48 lakh
Bajaj Auto launched the Bajaj Qute quadricycle in Maharashtra at Rs 2.78 lakh for the CNG (commercial) variant and Rs 2.48 lakh for Petrol (personal) variant - all prices ex-showroom. The Qute is seeing a phased launch across India and is already available in Kerala, Rajasthan, Orissa, Gujarat and UP.
The Qute is powered by a 216cc, single-cylinder, four-stroke, twin-spark (DTSI) engine. The CNG variant produces 11PS at 5,500rpm and 16.1Nm at 4,000rpm, while the petrol powered version produces 13.18PS at 5,500rpm and 18.9Nm at 4,000rpm. It's paired to a five-speed transmission. Bajaj claims the petrol Qute will do 35 kmpl and the CNG 43 km/kg.
Dimensionally, the Qute is 2,752mm long, 1,312mm wide, and 1,652 mm tall. Wheelbase is 1,925 mm. The rear engined quadricycle has 20kg luggage capacity under the bonnet and can carry another 40kgs with the addition of roof rails
The Qute has been launched follow the government's approval to allow for a new class of vehicles, quadricycles. A set of parameters set by the government define a quadricycle. They cannot be more than 3.6m long, should have engines smaller than 800cc and not way more than 475 kg. The Qute conforms to all Indian mandates and has also got the European WVTA (Whole Vehicle Type Approval) certification awarded by RDW Netherlands.
These quadricycles will have to meet all crash test norms, including the new and more stringent regulations that are set to be introduced in the near future. Engines fitted to these quadricycles will also have to meet BS-VI norms when they are introduced.
The government states that its decision to allow quadricycles will allow for a cheap way to improve last-mile connectivity. These will provide a safer alternative to three-wheelers given the four wheels and an enclosed structure. Much like gearless scooter, individuals who are older than 16 years will be allowed to drive these.
Live updates: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
Starts Rs 2.48 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 images leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip