2019 BMW 7 Series facelift spotted undisguised
A spy image has appeared on the internet which shows the upcoming BMW 7 series facelift completely undisguised. The sixth generation, codenamed G11/G12, of the flagship sedan launched in 2015 and is due for a mid-cycle refresh.
- Stan Rudman (@StanRudman) January 7, 2019
The image shows that the 7 Series gets a significant update to its frontal styling. Taking center stage is the larger BMW kidney grille which is more upright and protruding. The head lamps are now slimmer and the get latest laser tech, the LED light signature to is now much sleeker and derived from the angular design from the new 3 Series. Also new is the front bumper with its more aggressive and larger air intakes. The bonnet also gets new indentations on the sides.
We expect the rear to also carry forward this theme and get new LED lighting and a sharper look. The interiors should get a the new BMW digital instrument cluster, an updated infotainment and at least some of the angular motifs seen on new BMW models like the 8 Series and 3 Series.
Engine options should be the same as before but updated for greater efficiency and power from the petrol and diesel powerplants. A plug-in hybrid will also be available as well as the range topping M760i V12 with roughly 600PS.
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani