2019 BMW 8 Series Coupe reveal on June 15 marks BMW return to Le Mans
BMW has officially revealed its plans of reentering Le Mans endurance racing after exiting the racing discipline in 2011. Their reentry will come courtesy of the BMW 850 GTE Racecar (pictured in racing livery). On the occasion, BMW will also reveal its road-going counterpart - the BMW 8 Series coupé - which was developed alongside the racecar.
The 850 GTE racecar which premieres with the 8 Series Coupe (background) marks BMW's re-entry into Le Mans for the first time since 2011
In fact, BMW has teased the 8 Series coupé sans any camouflage, lurking in the shadows behind the 850 GTE racecar. It is likely to be the M850i xDrive variant, that is expected to be powered by a twin-turbo V8 that feeds over 530PS of power and 750Nm of turning force to an all-wheel-drive system, via an eight speed automatic transmission. Expect 20-inch wheels, an adaptive M suspension and an electronic lockable rear differential too.
The BMW 8 Series coupé is set to replace the 6 Series coupé line and in the process, it revives the 8 Series model nomenclature that BMW discontinued in 1999. Apart from the hot M850i xDrive teased here, BMW will also spawn milder variants of the 8 Series coupé, a full-blown M8, and hopefully an 8 Series convertible too.
- NewsToyota to launch a mass-market electric vehicle in India by 2021
- News2019 Honda City petrol BSVI to launch soon
- NewsTVS XL100 Goa Edition moped showcased at the first edition of MotoSoul
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra eKUV100 EV SUV spotted testing
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400, the Jawa and Royal Enfield rival launched in India for Rs 1.69 lakh