2019 BMW 8 Series Coupe reveal on June 15 marks BMW return to Le Mans
BMW has officially revealed its plans of reentering Le Mans endurance racing after exiting the racing discipline in 2011. Their reentry will come courtesy of the BMW 850 GTE Racecar (pictured in racing livery). On the occasion, BMW will also reveal its road-going counterpart - the BMW 8 Series coupé - which was developed alongside the racecar.
The 850 GTE racecar which premieres with the 8 Series Coupe (background) marks BMW's re-entry into Le Mans for the first time since 2011
In fact, BMW has teased the 8 Series coupé sans any camouflage, lurking in the shadows behind the 850 GTE racecar. It is likely to be the M850i xDrive variant, that is expected to be powered by a twin-turbo V8 that feeds over 530PS of power and 750Nm of turning force to an all-wheel-drive system, via an eight speed automatic transmission. Expect 20-inch wheels, an adaptive M suspension and an electronic lockable rear differential too.
The BMW 8 Series coupé is set to replace the 6 Series coupé line and in the process, it revives the 8 Series model nomenclature that BMW discontinued in 1999. Apart from the hot M850i xDrive teased here, BMW will also spawn milder variants of the 8 Series coupé, a full-blown M8, and hopefully an 8 Series convertible too.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani