2019 BMW M5 Competition unveiled before July launch
BMW has unveiled it's most powerful M car ever with the 2018 BMW M5 Competition. As has been the case with most of it's other M cars, this competition pack adds more power and other upgrades over the standard M5.
The 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 now makes 617PS, an increase of 17PS over the standard car while the torque figure remains unchanged at 750Nm. The car no gets from 0 to 96 kmph in 3.1s and 200 kmph takes just 10.8s, 0.3 seconds quicker than the regular M5. Top speed, when the M5 is equipped with the optional M Driver's Package, is 305 kmph.
The 2019 BMW M5 Competition also comes with a model-specific M Sport exhaust system. Chassis tweaks include stiffer engine mounts, a new rear sway bar and new front springs. The Competition also sits 7mm lower than a normal M5 and gets more front camber.
Minor visual changes distinguish the M5 Competition from the regular M5. These are black accented grille surrounds, badging, mirrors, door handles and fender vents. The black theme also carries over to the window surrounds, exhaust tips, rear bumper cover and the distinctive M gills in the front flanks. Model-specific 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels round-off the visual changes
Interior changes are limited to seatbelts and floor mats finished in the M colours and a new graphic for the infotainment system.
The M5 Competition will be launched in July and will come at a 10% price premium over the standard car. The M5 Competition competes squarely with the Mercedes-AMG E 63 S and will be great for buyers who want a sport-sedan with a bit more race focus than the standard M5.
Starts Rs 1.44 Crore
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh