2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
BMW Motorrad has just revealed its newest engine and also taken the wraps off the 2019 BMW R1250GS and the 2019 BMW R1250RT. Both motorcycles come powered by the new 1254cc boxer twin engine. The displacement has gone up from the 1170cc of the previous iteration, thanks to a 1.5mm larger bore, and 3mm more stroke. Along with the added capacity comes variable timing for the intake valves, which BMW is calling ShiftCam. This new addition means, smoother and lower idling speed as well as wider spread of torque across the rev range. All this takes the power output to 138PS, up 11PS from the current generation and torque is up 18Nm at 143Nm. The R1250GS will replace the current R1200GS when it is launched.
BMW Motorrad has also added more updates to the powertrain, with oil jet cooling for the piston undersides, new injectors, as well as a new unit construction gearbox design with an updated slipper clutch. The two motorcycles also receive a new 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display and a new engine management system called BMS-O.
Apart from this new engine, there are also a host of new rider aids. These include Hill Start and ASC stability control as standard. BMW Motorrad has also introduced a more comprehensive optional Riding Modes Pro system for added dynamic riding modes.
The New 2019 BMW R1250GS and R1250RT will also features more advanced semi-active electronic suspension with automatic load compensation. There will also be an optional Sports suspension package for the GS, with higher springrates and longer struts for increased travel.
Starts Rs 16,85,000
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip