2019 BMW S 1000 RR teased in new video
BMW Motorrad sure knows how to grab attention in the most minimal ways. It has just teased its upcoming litre-class superbike, the 2019 S 1000 RR in a new video on social media. The quick video on BMW UK's facebook page shows a bike zooming past the frame with the text "Heads Up. Adrenaline Incoming." BMW Motorrad's 1,000cc offering has always been considered as one of the strongest benchmarks in the litre clasd. With the new-gen S1000RR, BMW Motorrad might be aiming to push the envelope a whole lot further. It is evident from the CAD renderings leaked earlier that the 2019 BMW S1000RR will sport a new design but more importantly, this track scorcher will also get a new engine.
In terms of design, the 2019 BMW S1000RR looks a lot different than what we have seen. The most noteworthy change will be the asymmetrical headlight design that was a trademark design of the S1000RR. Will the BMW purists accept it? Subjective decision. This one comes with dual-projector headlights and the intake is positioned between them, helping air flow into the airbox at higher speeds. The compact construction of the 2019 BMW S1000RR should result in a lot of smiles on the racetrack.
It is being said that the engine will offer better acceleration and will also contribute to better handling. It is being speculated that BMW might be sourcing powertrain parts from the BMW HP4 race that was not a commercial success. This means that the new engine that will be offered in the S1000RR will make more power and torque. The frame too is expected to go a thorough revision with a trellis layout for the rear subframe on the twin-spar aluminium design.
The swingarm on the latest iteration seems to be inspired by the arrangement in BMW's MotoGP and WorldSBK offerings. The 999cc inline-four engine powering the S1000RR is expected to comply with the EuroV emission norms by 2021. BMW might be taking care of that with dual-canisters, bellypan exhaust chamber and a muffler at the end. This might reduce the wild exhaust note that the S1000RR is known to produce.
Watch the video here.
Starts Rs 18,05,000
Starts Rs 16,45,000
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review