2019 BMW Z4 official photos leaked ahead of reveal
Pictures of the 2019 BMW Z4 have appeared online ahead of the car's reveal on August 24 at the Monterey Car Week. This sports car will be the sixth generation model, the fifth generation car had been in production between 2009 and 2016. The German carmaker has developed this car on a new stell-aluminium-magnesium sports car platform it is working on with Toyota. The Toyota badged version of the same car will possibly be a hard-top model, reintroducing the famed Supra nameplate.
The design of the production-spec Z4 closely follows that of the Z4 concept seen some time ago. The car gets an aggressive front end with a prominent kidney grille and large air intakes. Most striking is the headlamp design, which ditches the signature BMW double-barrel look for a more angular design. The side profile gets prominent vents behind the front wheel arches which merge into a heavily contoured body. The rear also gets upswept taillamps and aggressive vents on the bumpers.
The interiors draw a lot of cues from the recently shown 8-Series sports car, with the square vents and digital instrument cluster. Otherwise, much of the switchgear and controls are traditional BMW fare.
The leaked images are of the top-spec M40i variant. This will be powered by the single-turbo version of BMW's 3.0-litre inline-six, putting out around 350PS. Smaller 2.0-litre turbo versions, , badged sDrive20i and sDrive30i, should make around 184PS and 250PS respectively. A range-topping Z4M powered by the M3/M4's 3.0-litre twin-turbo motor will most likely make its debut later. All engines will be mated to the 8-speed ZF automatic, sending power to the rear wheels.
The new Z4 fills a void left in the BMW line-up since the departure of the last-gen car, This new model seems to toe a more aggressive line than the last car as well, appeal also to the more traditional BMW buyers. This will help it compete better with rivals like the Porsche 718 Boxster and Audi TT.
Starts Rs 64.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 86 Lakhs
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip