2019 Dakar: Sherco TVS Rally Factory team announces rider lineup
The Sherco TVS Factory Rally team has announced its rider line up for the 2019 Dakar. Lorenzo Santolino, Adrien Metge and Michael Metge will lead the team's Dakar campaign. They will be joined by an Indian rider as well, whose name will be declared in a couple of weeks.
Aravind KP is most likely to be the one who will join the trio, depending on how quickly he recovers from an injury he sustained early this year. If he is unable to, the team will take a call between Harith Noah and Abdul Tanveer Wahid. Both the riders performed brilliantly at the 2018 Rally du Maroc, with Abdul bagging the second spot in the Enduro class. Harith too was impressive on the Dakar, on which he had no prior experience.
Michael Metge brings in a lot of experience, having participated in the Dakar Rally six times. He had has three podium finishes in the individual stages. He recently won the 2018 PanAfrica Rally and Baja Aragon. His brother Adrien Metge has participated on the Dakar for three consecutive years. He finished 11th overall during the 2016 Dakar, his best finish so far. This year, he finished third in Baja Aragon and 2nd in the PanAfrica Rally. Lorenzo Santolino is another experienced rider who joined Sherco TVS in 2018. He stood second at the 2018 Desert Storm and also won the India Baja this year.
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488