2019 Ducati Scrambler revealed, gets styling update and cornering ABS
Ducati had released a teaser image of a new Scrambler a few days back. From the image that was shared, we did believe that Ducati was planning to update its younger Scrambler. And that is what has happened. Ducati has revealed the 2019 Scrambler 800 that has got a styling update to make it look more appealing than before. But more importantly, this one also gets new electronics that takes inspiration from the larger Scrambler 1100. The 2019 Ducati Scrambler Icon will go on sale in the international markets this November. We can expect it to reach Indian shores by early 2019.
The 2019 Ducati Scrambler gets styling updates. That's the new Atomic Tangerine shade
The 2019 Ducati Scrambler gets an all-new headlight with LED DRL along with new auto-off LED indicators. It also gets more ergonomic switchgears that make it easier for the rider to scroll the LCD instrument menu, which now includes fuel level information. Something that was missing on the Scrambler 800 for long. The updated Ducati Scrambler gets wider handlebars, new flat seat, and a renewed suspension set-up apart from getting higher. In the release, Ducati mentions, low weight, low centre of gravity and slightly chunky tyre treads would offer better handling.
All-new headlight with LED DRL along with new auto-off LED indicators is offered on the 2019 Ducati Scrambler
The most important update in the 2019 Ducati Scrambler is the availability of Bosch 9.1MP Cornering ABS that is the first for its segment of motorcycles sold in the world. The 2019 Ducati Scrambler also gets an updated hydraulic clutch control with an adjustable lever that can alter the lever-handlebar gap according to individual needs. Additionally, the 2018 Ducati Scrambler also gets new, beefier aluminium side panels, black-painted engine, brushed cylinder head fins and machine-finished rims.
Notice the fuel indicator on the 2019 Scrambler's console
Presently, Ducati has unveiled only the Icon that is the Scrambler 800 range starter. The 2019 Icon will be available in the popular classic yellow shade along with the new atomic tangerine shade. The release does not mention anything about the six other variants that are offered in the Scrambler 800, which we believe will be updated shortly.
The 2019 Scrambler gets a black-painted engine, brushed cylinder head fins and machine-finished rims
Last month, Ducati India launched three versions of the Scrambler 1100 in India ? the Scrambler 1100 priced at Rs 10.91 lakh, the Scrambler 1100 Special priced at Rs 11.12 lakh and the Scrambler 1100 Sport priced at Rs 11.42 lakh, all prices ex-showroom. We have already ridden the Ducati Scrambler 1100 and here is our first ride review.
Starts Rs 7,27,000
Starts Rs 10,91,000
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship