2019 ELMS: Arjun Maini and RLR Msport finish eighth at the 4 Hours of Le Castellet
Arjun Maini made his European Le Mans Series debut at the 2019 season-opener - the 4 Hours of Le Castellet - on the 14th of April. The 21-year old, competed for the RLR Msport team, alongside Brazilian driver Bruno Senna and gentleman driver Johan Ferano. The race, held at the Paul Ricard circuit, had a total of 40 competitors.
Arjun Maini made his European Le Mans Series debut over the weekend
The RLR squad's weekend wasn't entirely easy, though. The team had a issue with a damper on their LMP2 car, which prevented them from qualifying any higher than 11th. Despite this, they managed to recover three spots over the four hour race, eventually finishing eighth.
Maini set the second-fastest lap-time of the race, three-tenths off the fastest lap-time of the race. He proved to be on pace all through the weekend, even managing second overall during the weekend's free practice session, in what was a competitive grid.
Maini was driving with Bruno Senna and John Ferano
Speaking of his weekend, Maini said, "This was definitely a very interesting weekend for me, it's the first time I've raced in this format (endurance racing) and I managed to adapt quite quickly. The team did a great job with the car and Bruno was very helpful in terms of adjusting my driving style from Formula cars to Prototypes. John drove a good stint as well and he is improving rapidly. 8th is definitely a strong foundation to build upon and if we can improve on a consistent basis, I have no doubt that we will be fighting towards the front of the grid."
The second round of the championship is scheduled for Monza in a month's time.
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip