2019 European Le Mans Series: Arjun Maini has a tough run in Monza
The 2019 European Le Mans Series went to Italy last weekend for the Four Hours of Monza. Arjun Maini, 21-year old Indian driver, competed for the RLR Msport team in the second round of the championship.
Maini began free practice reasonably well, finishing eighth in his LMP2 Oreca 07 - Gibson. He, along with team-mates Bruno Senna and John Farano, improved this in qualifying with a sixth position on the grid for Sunday's race. Their best time was a 1m 35.834s lap. In the race, however, things were more difficult, and the team finished 35th overall and 18th out of 19 LMP2 cars.
Arjun Maini made his European Le Mans Series debut in the last round
Reigning ELMS champions G-Drive Racing took home the win in Monza with Norman Nato bringing his LMP2 Aurus 01-Gibson home 2.1s ahead of the IDEC Sport Oreca's Paul Loup Chatin. In LMP3, Eurointernational's Mikkel Jensen and Jens Petersen took the win. Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche won in LMGTE with Riccardo Pera keeping Matteo Cressoni of JMW Motorsport Ferrari at bay. The Luzich Racing Ferrari 488 of Alessandro Pier Guidi finished after them.
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS rolls out customer-centric EMI scheme
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!