2019 European Le Mans Series: Arjun Maini has a tough run in Monza
The 2019 European Le Mans Series went to Italy last weekend for the Four Hours of Monza. Arjun Maini, 21-year old Indian driver, competed for the RLR Msport team in the second round of the championship.
Maini began free practice reasonably well, finishing eighth in his LMP2 Oreca 07 - Gibson. He, along with team-mates Bruno Senna and John Farano, improved this in qualifying with a sixth position on the grid for Sunday's race. Their best time was a 1m 35.834s lap. In the race, however, things were more difficult, and the team finished 35th overall and 18th out of 19 LMP2 cars.
Arjun Maini made his European Le Mans Series debut in the last round
Reigning ELMS champions G-Drive Racing took home the win in Monza with Norman Nato bringing his LMP2 Aurus 01-Gibson home 2.1s ahead of the IDEC Sport Oreca's Paul Loup Chatin. In LMP3, Eurointernational's Mikkel Jensen and Jens Petersen took the win. Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche won in LMGTE with Riccardo Pera keeping Matteo Cressoni of JMW Motorsport Ferrari at bay. The Luzich Racing Ferrari 488 of Alessandro Pier Guidi finished after them.
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
- NewsAll you need to know: Volkswagen ID.4, the first electric VW SUV
- NewsRadically-styled 2021 BMW M3 and M4 revealed
- OpinionNew Mahindra Thar Has Got Great Response, But Has It Missed A Trick Or Two?
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser price comparison vs Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and Ford EcoSport
- News2020 Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe SUV launched in India at Rs 1.2 crore