2019 European Le Mans Series: Arjun Maini has a tough run in Monza
The 2019 European Le Mans Series went to Italy last weekend for the Four Hours of Monza. Arjun Maini, 21-year old Indian driver, competed for the RLR Msport team in the second round of the championship.
Maini began free practice reasonably well, finishing eighth in his LMP2 Oreca 07 - Gibson. He, along with team-mates Bruno Senna and John Farano, improved this in qualifying with a sixth position on the grid for Sunday's race. Their best time was a 1m 35.834s lap. In the race, however, things were more difficult, and the team finished 35th overall and 18th out of 19 LMP2 cars.
Arjun Maini made his European Le Mans Series debut in the last round
Reigning ELMS champions G-Drive Racing took home the win in Monza with Norman Nato bringing his LMP2 Aurus 01-Gibson home 2.1s ahead of the IDEC Sport Oreca's Paul Loup Chatin. In LMP3, Eurointernational's Mikkel Jensen and Jens Petersen took the win. Dempsey-Proton Racing Porsche won in LMGTE with Riccardo Pera keeping Matteo Cressoni of JMW Motorsport Ferrari at bay. The Luzich Racing Ferrari 488 of Alessandro Pier Guidi finished after them.
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders