2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
The Ford Figo facelift has been spotted testing undisguised ahead of its launch in early 2019. The Figo gets, largely, the same changes that the Aspire sedan was treated too earlier.
This means the addition of new front and rear bumpers with plastic inserts, a new honeycomb grille, a swept back headlamps and new multi-spoke alloy wheels. The interiors too will mimic the new design with the floating Sync3 infotainment, climate control and other features. The Aspire gets a strong safety package with dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, and rear parking sensors being standard fitmet. This should continue with the Figo as well.
Engine options should mimic those of the Freestyle. This will be the 1.2 litre three-cylinder Dragon petrol which offers 96PS and 120Nm. The diesel will remain the unchanged 1.5 litre unit and will put out 100 PS and 215 Nm. These will be mated to the new five-speed manual transmission. The automatic option will also be avilable but this could be paired with the bigger 1.5 litre 112PS/136 Nm petrol motor. The car in the spy images also carries some black body graphics and 'blu' lettering. This could signify a new trim level or a CNG/LPG version.
The Figo competes with Hyundai i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Honda Jazz. The Figo has found it difficult to compete with these established rivals, notwithstanding its good powertrains and dynamic package. This facelift will help bridge that gap to a certain extent.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.38 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani