2019 Formula Renault Eurocup: Kush Maini scores podium finish at Monza
Kush Maini's debut season in the Formula Renault Eurocup got off to a good start at Monza. The Indian driver managed to claim a podium in his first race in the championship.
Fernando Alonso, team principal of Formula Renault Eurocup team Drivex with Kush Maini on the podium at Monza
Maini, who drives for M2 Racing, had qualified fourth for the season-opening race. He managed to get off to a good start at the beginning of the race, moving up to third place when Lorenzo Colombo, who had qualified on pole, spun. This meant the race got slightly chaotic.
Ugo de Wilde, Leonardo Lorandi, and Kush Maini on the podium for Race 1 of the 2019 Formula Renault Eurocup at Monza
A brief Safety Car situation ensued, after which, Maini had to fend off the attacks of Oscar Piastri, who then managed to get past him at the first corner. However, Maini soon managed to regain his position. He continued running in third place, although he then began making attempts to overtake second-placed Leonardo Lorandi. However, despite his best attempts, he couldn't manage it. Ultimately, Maini had to settle for third place, behind JD Motorsport team-mates Ugo de Wilde and Lorandi.
Kush Maini in action during the Formula Renault Eurocup in Monza
In the second race, Maini was only able to manage fifth place, rounding off a decent weekend for him.
Maini is currently ranked fifth in the 2019 Formula Renault Eurocup championship standings with 25 points.
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip