2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
Ssangyong Motors officially unveiled the images of the next generation Korando SUV which is expected to be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Korando SUV is positioned between the Ssanyong Tivoli which shares the platform and the underpinnings with the XUV300 and the Ssangyong Rexton (Mahindra Alturas G4) in the international markets.
Mahindra's equivalent for the Ssanyong Korando is the XUV500 which could be highly influenced in terms of styling and platform sharing in its next upgrade. The Ssanyong Korando is based on the extended X100 platform which underpins the Mahindra XUV300.
The upcoming Ssanyong Korando is styled very subtly than its predecessor. The grille and the air dam are sleek in design and the headlamps are full LED units. The side displays a very prominent shoulder line and rear wheel arch that was also seen on the concept car as well. The SUV is also equipped with roof rails which runs along the roof line. At the rear of the Korando, the bumper houses an aluminium finished diffuser. The tail lamps are all LED units with a wrap-around effect.
The cabin of the SUV follows the blaze design philosophy. A touch operated 10.5-inch infotainment system is flushed into the dashboard. An all-digital nine-inch instrument cluster replaces the twin pod analogue instrument cluster. The Ssanyong Korando's cabin will also have ambient lighting.
Powering the SUV will be a 1.6L diesel engine which will be mated to a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission. The power figures are expected to be shy under 130PS and 350Nm of torque.
Post the global unveiling, the next generation Ssanyong Korando is slated to be launched by mid-2019 in the Asian markets.
Starts Rs 26.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to drive Ferrari SF90 at Bahrain test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip