2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept grows the German's EV tribe
With deliveries for the Audi e-tron all-electric SUV set to start later this month, the fifth model in the line-up has been previewed at Geneva. The Q4 e-tron concept is a smaller-sized, pure electric model with twin electric motors and a claimed 450km range from its 82kWh battery, according to the new WLTP norms. Audi says that the Q4 e-tron will make it into production by the end of 2020.
There's a family resemblance here, characterised by the large grille, even larger air dams in the bumpers, strong wheel arches and hard-edged surfaces. We really do hope the detailing in the grille makes it from this concept, to the production version, since that's something that was lost in translation with the e-tron. The tail lights run across the width of the rear, again in keeping with e-tron style cues. The Q4 e-tron measures in at 4.6m in length, just a shade shorter than the current Q5 but shows a far more stylish take on the curves in the shoulder line as it passes over each axle. Another cue worth noting is the surfacing treatment of the rocker panels, the significance of which calls to the battery cells which are packed into the floor.
Overall system power outputs stand at 306PS and 460Nm torque between the two electric motors. The Quattro all-wheel drive helps the SUV breach the 0-100kmph mark in 6.3 seconds, which compares favourably against the bigger e-tron with its 408PS and 5.5 second score in the same metric.
Here's what the Audi e-tron line-up looks like now:
Audi e-tron large SUV, March 2019
Audi e-tron Sportback same size as e-tron with coupe-like roofline, end 2019
Audi Q2L e-tron long wheelbase Q2, end 2019
Audi e-tron GT high performance coupe, end 2020
Audi Q4 e-tron - mid-size SUV, end 2020
Also see: Audi e-tron SUV first drive Videopicture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block