2019 Geneva Motor Show: I.D. Buggy concept adds fun to Volkswagen's EV line
In the past couple of years, almost every reputed motoring trade show around has had an I.D concept at Volkswagen's exhibit. The I.D range of concepts envisions electric vehicles from VW that are likely to hit production, taking advantage of the Volkswagen Group's new MEB (Modular Electrification Toolkit) architecture.
With the I.D. concepts, VW is also hinting at reviving some classics or creating electrified variants of their bestsellers - the I.D hatchback will be future of the Golf, the I.D. Buzz virtually reincarnates the iconic VW van, and the I.D Cross envisions the electric crossover for the booming market. At Geneva, VW is recreating the classic Dune Buggy with the I.D. Buggy concept!
The design is a modern take on the classic with a high-rise floating body, smoother surfaces, exaggerated fenders, exposed frames and cabin, a Targa bar, large wheels, rub-rails, Beetle-inspired lighting elements and catchy neon paint finish. It has a similar footprint as a Golf and wears sand-friendly knobby tyres from BF Goodrich. The cabin is completely waterproof and ready to take on the elements.
The I.D. Buggy looks like fun and should have the go to match, too. A 62kWh battery pack that sits in the floor and powers an electric motor, that feeds 201PS to a rear-wheel-drive configuration. It can go from 0-100kmph in 7.2s and hit a top speed of 160kmph. The concept claims a driving range of 250km on a single charge.
The I.D. Buggy Concept is a one-off that showcases the modular capabilities of VW's MEB architecture and the carmaker is also inviting start-ups to come onboard and create their own variations on this platform.
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block