2019 Geneva Motor Show: Lagonda All-Terrain Concept SUV to preview brand's first offering
Aston Martin has released a teaser previewing a new concept from its revived luxury brand Lagonda, ahead of its full reveal at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show on March 5. This will become the brand's first model, an SUV, and is called the Lagonda All-Terrain Concept.
This will launch before the Lagonda Sedan and will feature a similar all-electric drivetrain. The production-version of the All-Terrain concept will be manufactured alongside the new Aston Martin DBX SUV in Wales.
There are no details yet on the All Terrain Concept's power outputs but acceleration times should match or better those of the current Aston cars. So expect a 0 to 100kmph time around 3s and a top speed of around 250kmph. There will be an underfloor battery pack and all-wheel drive, we think the range will be around the 400km mark.
The teaser reveals minimal details of the new EV SUV's styling. It is evident though that the All-Terrain will carry the signature gold handlebar style motif on the front. The bonnet looks heavily contour. Also, the windscreen seems heavily raked and the SUV's beltline is quite high up, in the manner of other such sporty SUVs.
In its heyday, the Lagonda brand was notable for its luxurious offering and the All-Terrain Concept should carry forward that legacy. The new SUV should be a more road-focussed and sportier competitor to cars like the Roll-Royce Cullinan and Bentley Bentayga but with the distinction of being all-electric.
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke officially teased, to be launched in India soon
- NewsRenault launches Summer Camp in India, to be conducted from April 22 to 28, 2019
- NewsRevolt Motors' AI-based electric motorcycle gets ARAI approved 156km range - launch in June 2019
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR America launched in India at Rs 18.73 lakh
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip