2019 Geneva Motor Show: Tata Altroz teased ahead of its official debut
Tata Motors India has been teasing their highly anticipated hatchback in the B+ segment, the Altroz on their online platforms. The premium hatchback could be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show in its production avatar. Expect Tata to officially launch the Hyundai i20 Elite, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Honda Jazz rival by the third quarter of 2019 in India.
The concept of the upcoming Altroz was showcased at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo, and the car carried Tata's Impact 2.0 family design. The teasers show the front and the rear silhouette of the hatch. The fascia seems to be very loyal to its concept design with slim and sharp headlamps. The rear sports clear lens tail lamps, a spoiler and chunky bumper that flows out of the flared wheel arches. Tata unveiled the name of their hatchback, last month, which is inspired by a bird, Albatros.
The interior teaser shots unveil a tabloid-type infotainment screen which sits right on top of the centre console as seen in the recently launched Tata Harrier.
The upcoming hatchback will be based on the new ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform and will have the choice of petrol and diesel engines. We expect the 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine to be offered. Both the engines will come with a manual transmission, although to keep the cost competitive, the manufacturer could offer an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055