2019 Honda Activa 125 BSVI FI unveiled in India
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India unveiled its first BSVI scooter for India today. For its first BSVI offering, HMSI has heavily reworked its popular Honda Activa 125.
Honda has filed 26 patents while developing the Activa BSVI scooter. It is powered by the same 124.9cc engine that makes 8.52PS at 6,500rpm and generates 10.54Nm at 5,000rpm but with the addition of fuel injection and some heavy revisions to meet the new norms. The company has filed 11 patents just for this motor.
The new Activa 125 BSVI also gets a start-stop system and a device which doesn't let the engine start if the side stand is deployed. There is also a more informative digital console which gives you real-time fuel efficiency figures. In terms of feature additions, the Activa 125 BSVI will come with an external fuel filler and a dual function switch for its operation. Also new is a passing switch and front glove box.
There are some cosmetic changes as well. The all-LED headlamp unit has been reworked and new chrome bits have been added to the front fascia as well. Further, in an industry first move, HMSI is offering the Activa 125 BSVI with a six-year warranty package. The package will include a three-year standard and a three-year optional extended warranty.
Honda will launch the BSVI scooter in August in six colours
Starts Rs 67,490
- FeaturesUnderstanding Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform
- NewsTata Motors announces Ziptron technology for electric vehicles
- NewsINRC 2019: Rally of Jodhpur gets underway on September 21
- NewsDucati Multistrada to get a V4 power source - slated for 2021
- FeaturesHow a CVT works - Everything you need to know about Continuously Variable Transmission