2019 Honda Activa 125 BSVI FI unveiled in India
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India unveiled its first BSVI scooter for India today. For its first BSVI offering, HMSI has heavily reworked its popular Honda Activa 125.
Honda has filed 26 patents while developing the Activa BSVI scooter. It is powered by the same 124.9cc engine that makes 8.52PS at 6,500rpm and generates 10.54Nm at 5,000rpm but with the addition of fuel injection and some heavy revisions to meet the new norms. The company has filed 11 patents just for this motor.
The new Activa 125 BSVI also gets a start-stop system and a device which doesn't let the engine start if the side stand is deployed. There is also a more informative digital console which gives you real-time fuel efficiency figures. In terms of feature additions, the Activa 125 BSVI will come with an external fuel filler and a dual function switch for its operation. Also new is a passing switch and front glove box.
There are some cosmetic changes as well. The all-LED headlamp unit has been reworked and new chrome bits have been added to the front fascia as well. Further, in an industry first move, HMSI is offering the Activa 125 BSVI with a six-year warranty package. The package will include a three-year standard and a three-year optional extended warranty.
Honda will launch the BSVI scooter in August in six colours
Starts Rs 67,490
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block