2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
The 2019 Honda Civic sedan is expected to launch in India by the middle of 2019. The Indian-spec sedan will most likely be the facelifted version that debuted in the US market recently. A set of spy photos have emerged which shows the car undergoing testing in India.
The car has been on sale internationally since 2015 and this facelift only makes subtle changes to the styling.
Noticeable differences on the facelifted Civic, and some of which are visible in these pictures, is the piano-black insert in the grille, replacing the earlier chrome unit. There is a good chance the Indian version will introduce the chrome panel, given our affinity towards this material. The front bumper has been redesigned as well, with the earlier three-section layout now being replaced with a more seamless single section look. There is a new full-width front splitter as well, along with chrome accents around the fog lamps.
The sedan version now gets a new chrome bar along the length of the rear bumper. Other changes include new alloy wheel designs and larger 18-inch wheels for the higher trim levels.
A range of engines is offered on the Civic globally. Of most interest to the Indian market is 1.5-litre VTEC turbo petrol motor which makes 182PS and 240Nm. A new 1.6-liter i-DTEC turbo diesel engine, also available on the new CR-V, which puts out 120PS and 300Nm should be available. Transmission options should be a six-speed manual, a nine-speed auto and a CVT.
The Honda Civic is popular the world over for its practicality and value. Add to this, attributes like a rewarding driving experience and good looks, and the Civic again seems like a great proposition in the D-segment sedan market for India. The Honda will compete with the Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla.
Also see: Honda Civic vs Skoda Octavia vs Toyota Corolla Comparison Test Video
Also see: Honda Civic First Drive Review Video
Image source: Powerdrift
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block