2019 Hyundai i20 gets updated feature list, Rs 8,000 price hike
Hyundai India has updated the Hyundai i20 hatchback's features for the 2019 model year. Prominently, the i20 gets new safety features to comply with the new regulations coming into effect in October 2019. There are no changes mechanically.
New safety features available as standard are rear parking sensors and a speed-alert system. The car already came with dual airbags, ABS with EBD and a seatbelt reminder. The mid-spec Magna trim gets LED daytime running lamps, steering mounted audio controls and central locking. This variant is now Rs 25,000 more expensive, all other variants are Rs 8,000 more expensive. Prices for the i20 now start at Rs 5.50 lakh for the petrol and Rs 6.88 lakh for the diesel, all prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Mechanically, the i20 continues to be powered 1.2 litre petrol unit which makes 83PS and 115Nm. This is paired with a five-speed manual or CVT gearbox. The diesel is a 1.4-litre turbocharged unit which makes 90PS/220 Nm. This is mated to a six speeder. Its chief competitors are the Honda Jazz and Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Starts Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- Review2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo road test review
- NewsFirst production 2020 Mahindra Thar to be auctioned for charity
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features