2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
The hotly anticipated 2019 Hyundai Santro has been spotted in its top-spec Asta trim level, ahead of its launch on October 23. This trim level gets the full suite of exterior adornments like the prominent front fog lamps, a chrome surround around the cascading front grille, turn indicators on the outer mirrors. Other exterior features include a rear wash/wipe and full wheel covers.
The most striking feature of the interior is the large touchscreen which dominates the centre console, there is a high-mounted gear-lever like in most Hyundai small cars, rear AC vents will also be a segment first feature on the new Santro. A notable design element is the large circular side-AC vents and body colour-coordinated cabin accents.
The new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 69PS@5,500rpm and 99Nm@4,500rpm. The engine can be specified with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automated manual (AMT) gearbox. Hyundai claims a top speed of 150kmph and a fuel economy of 20.3kmpl for this engine. A CNG variant will also be available.
The Santro will be available in five variants-Dlite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The first three variants will be offered in the petrol MT configuration while the Magna and Sportz will get CNG MT and Petrol AMT powertrain options as well. Bookings for the new Santro have already begun for Rs 11,000 and it will be available at an introductory price for the first 50,000 customers. The Santro will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR and Celerio and the Tata Tiago.
Image Source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...