2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
The hotly anticipated 2019 Hyundai Santro has been spotted in its top-spec Asta trim level, ahead of its launch on October 23. This trim level gets the full suite of exterior adornments like the prominent front fog lamps, a chrome surround around the cascading front grille, turn indicators on the outer mirrors. Other exterior features include a rear wash/wipe and full wheel covers.
The most striking feature of the interior is the large touchscreen which dominates the centre console, there is a high-mounted gear-lever like in most Hyundai small cars, rear AC vents will also be a segment first feature on the new Santro. A notable design element is the large circular side-AC vents and body colour-coordinated cabin accents.
The new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 69PS@5,500rpm and 99Nm@4,500rpm. The engine can be specified with a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automated manual (AMT) gearbox. Hyundai claims a top speed of 150kmph and a fuel economy of 20.3kmpl for this engine. A CNG variant will also be available.
The Santro will be available in five variants-Dlite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The first three variants will be offered in the petrol MT configuration while the Magna and Sportz will get CNG MT and Petrol AMT powertrain options as well. Bookings for the new Santro have already begun for Rs 11,000 and it will be available at an introductory price for the first 50,000 customers. The Santro will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR and Celerio and the Tata Tiago.
Image Source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip