2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has just launched the 2019 Kawasaki Z900 naked in India at Rs 7.68 lakh (ex-showroom). This is the same price as its 2017 predecessor. With this the CBU import 2019 Z900 retains the same value proposition of earlier Z models. There are no mechanical changes to the 2019 model. It comes powered by the same 948cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder motor that develops 125PS and 98.6Nm. Kawasaki had initially launched the Z900 at Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom) as it came with a few accessories. However, later Kawasaki did away with the add-ons and was available at Rs 7.68 lakh for the base motorcycle. It competes with the Suzuki GSX-S750, Triumph Street Triple, and the Ducati Monster 797 in India.
The Z900 engine is mated to a six-speed transmission and gets a slip-assist clutch.The styling features the Japanese Sugomi design language that's also seen in the bigger Z1000. The tubular trellis frame and a lightweight swing arm on the Z900 makes it about 20 kg lighter than the Z800. Ot is available in metallic moondust grey/ebony, pearl flat stardust white/metallic spark black and metallic flat spark black/metallic spark black. The Z900 in moondust grey/ebony will be available in limited numbers.
IKM MD Yutaka Yamashita said, "Z900 is considered as one of the most affordable in-line 4 superbikes in India. But not only the price, but due to its all-round package, Z900 has done really well in the Indian market. It is an ideal commuter during the week and fun to ride on track. We would like to see our customers opting for Kawasaki genuine accessories to enhance the bike further."
Starts Rs 7,68,000
Starts Rs 8,08,000
Starts Rs 7,45,000
Starts Rs 11,13,000
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019