2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has just launched the 2019 Kawasaki Z900 naked in India at Rs 7.68 lakh (ex-showroom). This is the same price as its 2017 predecessor. With this the CBU import 2019 Z900 retains the same value proposition of earlier Z models. There are no mechanical changes to the 2019 model. It comes powered by the same 948cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four cylinder motor that develops 125PS and 98.6Nm. Kawasaki had initially launched the Z900 at Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom) as it came with a few accessories. However, later Kawasaki did away with the add-ons and was available at Rs 7.68 lakh for the base motorcycle. It competes with the Suzuki GSX-S750, Triumph Street Triple, and the Ducati Monster 797 in India.
The Z900 engine is mated to a six-speed transmission and gets a slip-assist clutch.The styling features the Japanese Sugomi design language that's also seen in the bigger Z1000. The tubular trellis frame and a lightweight swing arm on the Z900 makes it about 20 kg lighter than the Z800. Ot is available in metallic moondust grey/ebony, pearl flat stardust white/metallic spark black and metallic flat spark black/metallic spark black. The Z900 in moondust grey/ebony will be available in limited numbers.
IKM MD Yutaka Yamashita said, "Z900 is considered as one of the most affordable in-line 4 superbikes in India. But not only the price, but due to its all-round package, Z900 has done really well in the Indian market. It is an ideal commuter during the week and fun to ride on track. We would like to see our customers opting for Kawasaki genuine accessories to enhance the bike further."
Starts Rs 7,68,000
Starts Rs 8,08,000
Starts Rs 7,46,513
Starts Rs 9,19,500
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055