2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
A facelifted Kia Sportage crossover has been seen testing on the Nurburgring. The present fourth-generation car first debuted in 2015 internationally so is due for a mid-cycle refresh.
As seen in these pictures, the SUV now new elements for the headlamps and a refreshed front bumper with a strip splitting the new larger foglamp housings. The lower half of the central grille is also larger and more aggressive. At the back, the taillamps have been reprofiled as well and a new red strip traverses the entire boot lid to connect both lamps. Another notable change is the new bumper mounted reflectors and turn indicators.
There shouldn't be any drastic mechanical changes to the car either. The car should carry over its present range of 1.6 and 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines available globally.
With Kia making its India-debut soon, the Sportage was showcased at this year's Auto Expo with a 2.0-litre diesel motor with 185PS and 402Nm. OVERDRIVE has also driven this car in our upcoming issue, so check newsstands for that by the end of the month.
Kia does not have plans of bringing the Sportage to India anytime soon but the SUV should eventually be made available here, given the heavy appetite for such cars in India. When launched, it will compete with the Hyundai Tucson, the Jeep Compass and the upcoming Honda CR-V. Kia's first car will be the production version of the SP concept shown at the Auto Expo.
Image Source: Autoblog
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019