2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sentinal unveiled
Land Rover has unveiled the updated Range Rover Sentinal which is essentially an armoured SUV with bulletproof glass, roof blast-protection and emergency escape system. The 2019 armoured Range Rover Sentinal will make its debut at the Home Office Security and Policing show on March 5, at Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Designed by Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, and built at the SV Technical Centre in Warwickshire, the Range Rover Sentinal is engineered to face modern and unconventional forms of attack, including IED (improvised explosive device) fragmentation blasts.
Powering the Sentinal is Land Rover's 5.0-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine producing 380PS and can accelerate the 4.4 tonne SUV from 0-100 km/h in 10.4 seconds. The fortress on wheels has an electronically limited top speed of 193km/hr. The suspension setup is tweaked to offer a plusher ride even with the added weight. It also has specially developed run-flat tyres by Land Rover which can be driven over 50 kilometres up to 80 km/hr if a tyre is damaged.
The updates for the model year 2019 include improved cabin space, enhanced headroom and reworked seats for more comfort. The infotainment is updated with Land Rover's Touch Pro Dou system with two 10 inch screens.
The exterior design elements on the Land Rover Range Rover Sentinal include LED lights and black pack which offers black finishes to trim items.
Michael van der Sande, managing director, Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, said "The Range Rover Sentinel delivers the exceptional protection and security required by our VIP clients without compromising the superior refinement of the latest Range Rover."
Starts Rs 1.74 Crore
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055