2019 Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 26.95 lakh
Mahindra has launched its new flagship SUV, the 2019 Mahindra Alturas G4 at a starting price of Rs 26.95 lakh. This is for the less feature packed 4X2. The top-of-the-line Alturas G4 4X4 variant is priced at Rs 29.95 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom India and valid for a limited time.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is a full-sized, seven seater premium SUV and is the biggest from Mahindra yet
The Mahindra Alturas G4 will be Mahindra's debut in the premium SUV segment where it will compete with the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner. The Alturas G4 will be built at the company's manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra.
The interiors of the Mahindra Alturas G4
The latest generation of the Ssangyong Rexton, the Alturas G4 has had minor changes made to it by Mahindra to make it a better fit for the Indian market. Most noticably the Alturas gets a version of the Mahindra family grille and smaller 18-inch tyres, instead of the 20-inch ones available internationally. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, a 360-degree camera, mood lighting, nine airbags and an electric parking brake. The interior has been tastefully trimed in quilted leather and aluminium inserts
A 2.2-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine producing 180PS and 420Nm sits under the hood of the Mahindra Alturas G4. Peak torque is available from as low as 1,600rpm
The Alturas is powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine good for 180PS and 420Nm, and peak torque is delivered 1,600rpm onwards. This motor is paired with a Mercedes-sourced seven-speed torque-convertor automatic. The Alturas is available with a proper four-wheel drive system with low range. A rotary dial has been provided to shift on the fly. A six-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The tail lights of the Mahindra Alturas G4 make for a distinctive looking rear end
The new Mahindra Alturas G4 is a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV.
Starts Rs 26.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru