2019 Mahindra XUV300 AMT spotted testing ahead of launch
The 2019 Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV launched in India recently. We already have confirmation that an electric version is being devloped for next year. Now, with these spy pictures, it is evident that an automatic version will debut before that, possibly in the next few months.
This AMT unit could be a six-speed unit sourced from Magnetti Marelli. Reports suggests that this could be a stop-gap arrangement until a new Aisin six-speed torque convertor unit debuts in the future. The AMT will be avialble on both the petrol and diesel XUV300.
The version seen in these pictures is the top-spec W8 variant, so Mahindra looks like its not limiting the auto to just mid-spec cars. It's main competition, the Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza both offer AMT options too.
The XUV300 is powered by a 1.5 turbocharged diesel motor which makes 117PS at 3,750rpm and puts out 300Nm of torque between 1,500 to 2,500rpm. This is the same as the Marazzo's engine, but has been slightly detuned and a eVGT has been added. The petrol is a turbochared version of the 1.2 litre unit from the KUV100. This three-cylinder unit makes 112PS and 200 Nm. Both come with a six-speed manual.
The compact SUV is available in four variants and prices start at Rs 7.90 lakh for the base petrol version and goes up to Rs 11.99 lakh for the top of the line, W8 option diesel version.
Source: NDTV carandbike
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsWhat to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package
- NewsFIA Formula E: Mahindra Racing returns to site of their first win - the Berlin ePrix
- NewsHyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future
- NewsHyundai could debut N performance brand in India by 2022