2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga gets new 1.5-litre diesel engine, priced at Rs 9.86 lakh
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car manufacturer, has introduced the new 1.5-litre diesel engine in its MPV offering, the Ertiga. This all-new four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine has been developed at the company's in-house facility. The diesel variants of the 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga at priced at Rs 9.86 lakh for the VDI trim whereas the top-spec ZDI+ will be available at Rs 11.20 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi. Maruti Suzuki's Arena dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the Ertiga 1.5L diesel and the deliveries across the country are expected to commence shortly.
The 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will continue to be offered with a 1.5l petrol that makes 105PS of power at 6,000rpm and generates 138Nm at 4,400rpm. This engine is offered with a choice between a manual and an automatic transmission. Previously, the Ertiga diesel was powered by a 90PS 1.3l unit, which continues to be listed on the official website. We believe this engine will be still available with dealerships as long as stocks last. The new 1.5l diesel engine makes 95PS at 4,000rpm and produces 225Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. Maruti Suzuki claims that this engine offers an efficiency of 24.20 kmpl, making it lesser than the 1.3l's 25.47kmpl. Last month, Maruti Suzuki had launched the same engine in identical state of tune in the Ciaz.
"Considering the requirements of evolving customers, the Next Gen Ertiga is now offered with new 1.5-litre Diesel engine. The new engine is a perfect combination of performance and refinement. It showcases Maruti Suzuki's commitment to provide products aligned with customers aspirations. We are sure this new engine option will strengthen the popularity of Ertiga in urban MPV segment." commented, Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India.
Launched in November 2018, Maruti Suzuki has sold 40,000 units of the Ertiga in Nov-April which makes for a growth of over 150 per cent compared to same period last year. With a market share of 39 per cent, the Eriga leads the MPV segment .
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip