2019 Maruti Suzuki WagonR AMT variant spotted
A new video has emerged on the internet which shows the upcoming 2019 Maruti Suzuki WagonR undisguised in its top-spec ZXi AMT trim. We've already seen what the car will look like and even have a reasonably good idea of its specification from earlier leaks, but this is the first time that the hatchback has been spotted in its AMT form.
The tall boy design, a signature feature of the WagonR, continues and the overall silhouette of the car looks similar to the outgoing model. The front end looks entirely different with a chrome bar split grille, flanked by large headlamps. The car in the spy shot looks like one of the higher variants, given the fog lamps. The bonnet too appears to be slightly raised and this, we believe, was done keeping in mind the stringent crash test norms that are set to be introduced in India.
The new WagonR will also be offered with two engine options now. The K10B 1.0 litre motor carries on unchanged with its 68PS and 90Nm. Joining it in the line-up is the 1.2 litre petrol motor from the Swift and Baleno. This makes 83PS and 113Nm. Both units will be mated to a five-speed manual or an AMT. The LXi and VXi 1.0 litre variants will come with 13-inch wheels. The 1.2 litre VXi and LXi trims will get larger 14 inchers.
Most notable is the new infotainment system which now has shortcuts for all major functions. Also new is the semi-digital instrument cluster. The speedo is analogue but a digital tachometer can be expected. The design of the dash is reminiscent of the earlier car otherwise in its simple but functional layout. The only flourishes are the longish central air-vents and the high-mounted gear-lever. Also note the new console for the AMT shifter.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani