2019 Mercedes-AMG GT sedan spied being tested in snow
Spy shots reveal that Mercedes-AMG has already begun testing the 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT four-door sedan and the sedan appears to be in late stages of development. The Mercedes-AMG GT sedan was first showcased as a concept in March last year, during the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The spy shots are actually a pleasant surprise as the Mercedes-AMG GT production car closely resembles the striking-looking concept car. Mercedes-AMG had earlier ruled out that the car would be named the GT 4. The exact details about the model will be clearer soon as the Mercedes-AMG GT sedan will be globally revealed in mid-2018, most likely as a 2019 model.The AMG GT is likely to be powered by a 4-litre twin turbo V8 engine with over 500PS.
There will also likely be a hybrid version with a rear-mounted electric motor to take the total output to more than 800PS.
The latest spy shots reveal the proper outline of the car, with the highlight being its fastback profile. This is almost entirely identical to the profile seen on the concept, and we also get to see the integrated rear spoiler in fully-extended form. The design of the Mercedes-AMG GT is based on the lines of the Mercedes-AMG GT R, which was launched in India in late 2017. The GT sedan features sharper headlamps and a shortened hood. The wheelbase has been stretched to accommodate the rear doors.
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders
- NewsMotoGP 2019: Last lap glory for Marc Marquez at Misano
- NewsConfirmed: KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India on September 23
- News2019 Royal Enfield Rider Mania opens registrations
- NewsWRC 2019: Sebastien Ogier wins Rally Turkey to keep title hopes alive