2019 Mercedes-AMG GT sedan spied being tested in snow
Spy shots reveal that Mercedes-AMG has already begun testing the 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT four-door sedan and the sedan appears to be in late stages of development. The Mercedes-AMG GT sedan was first showcased as a concept in March last year, during the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. The spy shots are actually a pleasant surprise as the Mercedes-AMG GT production car closely resembles the striking-looking concept car. Mercedes-AMG had earlier ruled out that the car would be named the GT 4. The exact details about the model will be clearer soon as the Mercedes-AMG GT sedan will be globally revealed in mid-2018, most likely as a 2019 model.The AMG GT is likely to be powered by a 4-litre twin turbo V8 engine with over 500PS.
There will also likely be a hybrid version with a rear-mounted electric motor to take the total output to more than 800PS.
The latest spy shots reveal the proper outline of the car, with the highlight being its fastback profile. This is almost entirely identical to the profile seen on the concept, and we also get to see the integrated rear spoiler in fully-extended form. The design of the Mercedes-AMG GT is based on the lines of the Mercedes-AMG GT R, which was launched in India in late 2017. The GT sedan features sharper headlamps and a shortened hood. The wheelbase has been stretched to accommodate the rear doors.
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
- NewsAprilia 150cc motorcycles' India launch pushed ahead - focusing on electrification and BSVI compliancy
- NewsRevolt's all-electric motorcycle to be launched in India today
- News2019 Mahindra Thar 700 limited edition 4x4 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsHonda Amaze Ace edition launched at Rs 7.89 lakh to celebrate 1 lakh sales in 13 months
- NewsMG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch