2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class with autonomous tech revealed before Geneva debut
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class has just been revealed before its official debut at the Geneva Motor Show 2018. While there are a handful of updates to the styling and mechanicals of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the biggest update comes in the form of the autonomous driving technologies it inherits from its larger sibling, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. The 2019 Mercedes-Benz C300 also receives a boost in power to 258PS from the earlier 234PS and the same 370Nm torque from the 2.litre turbocharged petrol engine of its predecessor. On the styling front, the 2018 C-Class receives a refresh to the fascia as well as new headlamps and taillamps lend it a fresh look. However, the piece de resistance here has to be the incorporation of various autonomous tech.
The driver assistance technologies for the new C-Class including Active Driving Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Steering Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and Lane Changing Assist and others. All of these features combine to allow semi-autonomous operation of the 2019 C-Class under certain conditions.
This may not be a fully autonomous package as we see on the larger vehicles on the Mercedes-Benz lineup, but it is a beginning and shows that even smaller cars from other carmakers may receive such tech in the near future.
Here are more images of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class:
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories