2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class SUV interior sketches revealed
Mercedes Benz has revealed interior sketches of the next-gen Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV which is set to make its debut later this year during the Paris motor show.
As shown in the design sketches, the new Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV will sport twin digital displays for the instruments and infotainment functions, both housed in a single panel similar to the latest Mercedes-Benz A-class. Like most new Mercedes-Benz cars, the digital panel is placed on the dashboard in a manner that creates a floating look. There is also a new multi-function steering wheel featuring 18 controls which includes changing different modes in the instrument cluster and two touch-sensitive pads on the spokes within the steering wheel, as well as a larger touchpad within the centre console that replaces the rotary dial used in the outgoing GLE. The instruments and infotainment system operates via a new MBUX (Mercedes Benz User Experience) interface that supports speech recognition and information via the Mercedes Me app, According to Paultan.
The design sketch also shows that the BMW X5 rival will have square air-con vents and two prominent grab handles on the centre console.
As for the exterior, We believe that the new Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV will have a sleeker look with sharper headlamps with full LED technology and A-Class like taillights.
The existing GLE can trace its roots back to 2012, when it was launched as the third-gen M-Class. A 2015 facelift refreshed the looks and introduced the GLE badge, bringing it into Mercedes-Benz updated naming structure. The ageing current GLE SUV plays an important role in the brand and we expect the new one to do the same.
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review