2019 Merzouga Rally: Metge second for Sherco TVS, JRod third for Hero after Stage 2
The second stage of the 2019 Merzouga Rally went well for both Indian teams competing in the event. Sherco TVS rider Michael Metge led the way, ranked second overall after the second stage. Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues was classified third overall after the rally's second competitive stage.
The 212km long special stage was divided into two parts. The first 86km long stretch took riders through the dunes of the Erg Chebbi, and the second part of the stage was over the mountains with tricky navigation.
Michael Metge topped Stage 2 of the 2019 Merzouga Rally
It was a particularly good stage for the Sherco TVS team, with Michael Metge topping the stage. Abdul Wahid Tanveer ended the stage 23rd. This meant that Metge was ranked second overall after the second stage of the rally. Aravind KP wasn't able to complete stage 2 of the rally due to technical issues with his motorcycle, which led to a 67th place overall after two stages. The Indian rider had also suffered issues with his bike on the first stage, but managed to bring the bike back home to the finish. He is currently continuing to ride, despite a massive penalty.
Joaquim Rodrigues was ranked third overall after two stages of the 2019 Merzouga Rally
The Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit also had a good outing during Stage 2. Oriol Mena finished the stage second, which put him fifth overall in the rankings after the second stage. Joaquim Rodrigues, who finished the stage fourth, was ranked third overall after two stages in the rally.
The riders are now embarking on Stage 3, the first part of a two-day marathon stage that will see them camp in the middle of the Moroccan desert.
Provisional results - Stage 2
1. Michael Metge, Sherco TVS Racing, 03 h 42m 09s
2. Oriol Mena, Hero MotoSports, +01m 16s
3. Adrian Van Beveren, Yamaha Racing, +01m 34s
4. Joaquim Rodrigues, Hero MotoSports, +01m 37s
5. Stefan Svitko, Slovnaft Rally Team, +02m 25s
Provisional Overall Rankings after the Stage 2
1. Adrian Van Beveren, Yamaha Racing, 07h 13m 18s
2. Michael Metge, Sherco TVS Racing, +07m 41s
3. Joaquim Rodrigues, Hero MotoSports, +13m 37s
4. Jacopo Cerrutti, Solarys Racing, +21m 26s
5. Oriol Mena, Hero MotoSports, +22m 08s
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip