2019 MG ZS EV teased in India ahead of launch
MG Motor India has teased its second offering for India, the MG ZS EV SUV, on its Facebook page, ahead of its debut in the next few months. The electric vehicle is sold in other markets as the eZS and will be a direct rival to the recently launched Hyundai Kona Electric.
The teaser confirms that the ZS EV will carry a look that is quite a departure from the upright, squared-off look of the Hector. The overall package is more akin to that of crossover.
The MG ZS EV is expected to come to market by the fourth quarter of 2019. The firm is choosing this niche model to further highlight its aim of being a technology leader in the automotive industry. The ZS EV is being brought in as a CBU wherein 250 units will be imported from Shanghai. MG claims that the ZS EV will be a global offering and will have a driving range of 350km in one single charge. The MG ZS EV could be powered by a 52.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. A full charge could take eight hours from a wall charger.
MG is partnering with Fortum to install 50 KW CCS/CHAdeMO DC fast Public Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles across MG's showrooms in 5 cities including Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad by September this year to begin with. The firm has also partnered with Delta Electronics, a player in the AC charging space, to develop EV infrastructure.
Also see: MG ZS EV | First Drive (India)
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India