2019 MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race: Balakrishnan and Kannan win top honours
Aravind Balakrishnan and Kevin Kannan claimed the top spot in the Honda CBR 250 class in the MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race at the Madras Motor Race Track on Sunday.
Aravind and Kannan lead to victory by a few hundredths of a second of Karnataka tandem of Abhishek Vasudev from Bengaluru and Anish Shetty from Hubballi. Close third was a local team of Prabhu Arunagiri and Anup Kumar. The top three pairs, all completed 53 laps in two hours.
Aravind and Kannan also emerged overall champions and received a prize money of Rs 80,000.
Chennai's Ajai Xavier and Amarnath Rajan took the top spot in the Stock 165cc class that was limited to riders under 23 years of age. The second spot was claimed by duo Abhimanyu Gautam and AS Alexander and following this pair was a Kerala-Bengaluru rider duo, Akshay V Murali and Nithin S bagging the third place. All the three pairs completed 51 laps of the MMRT.
Results of Endurance Race Honda CBR 250:
1. Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) (53 laps);
2. Abhishek Vasudev (Bengaluru) / Anish Shetty (Hubballi) (53 laps);
3. Prabhu Arunagiri / Anup Kumar (both Chennai) (53 laps).
Stock 165cc (Under-23):
1. Ajai Xavier / Amarnath Rajan (both Chennai) (51 laps);
2. Abhimanyu Gautam / AS Alexander (both Chennai) (51 laps);
3. Akshay V Murali (Kerala) / Nithin S (Bengaluru) (51 laps).
Overall winners: Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) 53 laps.
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!