2019 MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race: Balakrishnan and Kannan win top honours
Aravind Balakrishnan and Kevin Kannan claimed the top spot in the Honda CBR 250 class in the MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race at the Madras Motor Race Track on Sunday.
Aravind and Kannan lead to victory by a few hundredths of a second of Karnataka tandem of Abhishek Vasudev from Bengaluru and Anish Shetty from Hubballi. Close third was a local team of Prabhu Arunagiri and Anup Kumar. The top three pairs, all completed 53 laps in two hours.
Aravind and Kannan also emerged overall champions and received a prize money of Rs 80,000.
Chennai's Ajai Xavier and Amarnath Rajan took the top spot in the Stock 165cc class that was limited to riders under 23 years of age. The second spot was claimed by duo Abhimanyu Gautam and AS Alexander and following this pair was a Kerala-Bengaluru rider duo, Akshay V Murali and Nithin S bagging the third place. All the three pairs completed 51 laps of the MMRT.
Results of Endurance Race Honda CBR 250:
1. Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) (53 laps);
2. Abhishek Vasudev (Bengaluru) / Anish Shetty (Hubballi) (53 laps);
3. Prabhu Arunagiri / Anup Kumar (both Chennai) (53 laps).
Stock 165cc (Under-23):
1. Ajai Xavier / Amarnath Rajan (both Chennai) (51 laps);
2. Abhimanyu Gautam / AS Alexander (both Chennai) (51 laps);
3. Akshay V Murali (Kerala) / Nithin S (Bengaluru) (51 laps).
Overall winners: Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) 53 laps.
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900
- FeaturesTVS Apache RR 310 longterm review: Wrap-up
- NewsKawasaki India announces a price hike by 7 per cent on select models
- NewsWhat to expect from the Hyundai QXi Sub-four meter SUV?
- News2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe unveiled globally - India bound?