2019 MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race: Balakrishnan and Kannan win top honours
Aravind Balakrishnan and Kevin Kannan claimed the top spot in the Honda CBR 250 class in the MMSC Motorcycle Endurance Race at the Madras Motor Race Track on Sunday.
Aravind and Kannan lead to victory by a few hundredths of a second of Karnataka tandem of Abhishek Vasudev from Bengaluru and Anish Shetty from Hubballi. Close third was a local team of Prabhu Arunagiri and Anup Kumar. The top three pairs, all completed 53 laps in two hours.
Aravind and Kannan also emerged overall champions and received a prize money of Rs 80,000.
Chennai's Ajai Xavier and Amarnath Rajan took the top spot in the Stock 165cc class that was limited to riders under 23 years of age. The second spot was claimed by duo Abhimanyu Gautam and AS Alexander and following this pair was a Kerala-Bengaluru rider duo, Akshay V Murali and Nithin S bagging the third place. All the three pairs completed 51 laps of the MMRT.
Results of Endurance Race Honda CBR 250:
1. Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) (53 laps);
2. Abhishek Vasudev (Bengaluru) / Anish Shetty (Hubballi) (53 laps);
3. Prabhu Arunagiri / Anup Kumar (both Chennai) (53 laps).
Stock 165cc (Under-23):
1. Ajai Xavier / Amarnath Rajan (both Chennai) (51 laps);
2. Abhimanyu Gautam / AS Alexander (both Chennai) (51 laps);
3. Akshay V Murali (Kerala) / Nithin S (Bengaluru) (51 laps).
Overall winners: Aravind Balakrishnan / Kevin Kannan (both Chennai) 53 laps.
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders