2019 Porsche Macan facelift makes global debut
The Porsche Macan has received a mild facelift for the 2019 model year and been revealed globally. The Macan is the smaller of the two SUVs offered by Porsche. Its current generation had debuted in India in 2016. You can read our review of the Macan S diesel here. For 2019, the Porsche Macan receives technology updates as well as new taillights. The LED lights at the rear are the biggest change you will notice on the exterior. There is now an LED strip that connects the taillights. In China, the 2019 Macan also receives LED headlights as standard.
These new lamps feature 3D design elements and can also be upgraded with the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus for adaptive lighting. The front bumper has a slight redesign and there a sleek LED DRLs. In addition to the updated exterior, there is now a more refined cabin with updated tech, including the upgraded central infotainment display, which is now a larger 11-inch touchscreen.
Similar to the Panamera, the Macan also receives a steering wheel mounted drive mode selector. Other new tech features include the Porsche Connect Plus cloud-based telematics service, an updated Porsche Communication Management (PCM) infotainment system, and an Offroad Precision App that lets you record your off-road adventures.
While Porsche has not specified the technical details, power outputs are also likely to increase across the board. The base Macan, with its 2.0-litre petrol, is now expected to produce almost 300PS, up from the earlier 252PS. The mid-level S should get a 20PS power boost to take it up to 355PS. The Macan Turbo should now make 434PS, a 40PS bump. These details should be available soon, as the Macan starts making its debut in international markets, and eventually India.
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?