2019 Range Rover Sport 2-litre petrol available at a starting price of Rs 86.71 lakh
Land Rover India has introduced a new engine to the Range Rover Sport line-up in India, effectively lowering the cost of entry for the vaunted badge. With the Ingenium 2-litre petrol engine, the Range Rover Sport line now starts at Rs 86.71 lakh, ex-showroom. This model will be available in three variants, namely the S, SE and HSE.
Figures for the Ingenium Si4 in the Range Rover Sport are 300PS@5,500rpm and 400Nm@1,500-4,000rpm, put down via an eight-speed automatic gearbox. Land Rover claim the 2.1 tonne SUV completes the 0-100kmph dash in 7.3 seconds, and will go onto a top speed of 201kmph. This engine also does duty in the Range Rover Velar, Discovery Sport and Evoque in different states of tune.
The Range Rover Sport was refreshed last year, with LED lighting as standard, a sleeker mesh-type front grille, new bumpers front and rear and a refreshed interior with Land Rover's twin 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system called the Touch Pro Duo. The standard equipment list is quite feature-rich, and includes radar-based safety tech like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and emergency braking.
It has so far been available with a 3-litre diesel V6, 4.4-litre diesel V8, 3-litre petrol V6 and range-topping 5-litre petrol V8 SVR model. Prices started at Rs 1.04 crore for the diesel V6, going up to Rs 2.05 crore, ex-showroom for the SVR. In its new 2-litre petrol guise, the Range Rover Sport bridges the gap to more traditional rivals, like the BMW X5, Audi Q7, soon-to-be-updated Mercedes GLE and Volvo XC90.
Also see: Range Rover Long Wheelbase | Feature
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 72.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055