2019 Renault Duster facelift SUV to be launched in India on July 8
Renault India will launch the facelifted Renault Duster SUV in India on July 8. The firm has been putting out teasers of the new SUV to build interest, and the latest one reveals a few more details about the Duster's second facelift.
The newest picture shows the more contoured bonnet and the new grille clearly. Bits of the chrome inserts on the grille, the reworked headlamps and the new blue paint option were already shown in the previous teaser.
Other changes, as seen on earlier spy images, are new roof rails and alloy wheels. The front and rear bumpers, too, seem to have been reworked to be safer.
The Duster's interiors are expected to see some reworking as well. There could be new materials and trim, changes in the infotainment system, instrument cluster and a longer feature list. There will be better safety equipment too, like airbags, seatbelt remainders and speed warnings.
Renault has announced that it will move away from diesels once the BSVI norms become applicable in India. We expect the facelifted Duster to follow the trend set by the Triber and come with a petrol motor only. In this case, expect a BSVI compliant version of the 1.5-litre petrol making 106PS and 142Nm. A 5-speed manual and CVT is available with this motor.
This is the second facelift for the Duster, and while the SUV has been around for quite some time now, this change could reignite interest in this car again, even as Renault readies a viable replacement in the next few years. Expect a five to eight per cent increase in prices.
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055