2019 Renault Duster SUV facelift spotted in mid-spec trim ahead of launch
The facelifted Renault Duster SUV will launch in India on July 8. The reworked car has already been spotted openly quite a few times, but a new video has now come about which shows the new Duster in its mid-spec RXS trim.
The car seen here carries the new blue shade that is set to debut with this facelift. Also noticeable is the new grille, with the chrome studs mimicking other Renault cars, a reworked headlamp cluster, and a new, more bulging bonnet (for better crash protection). The front and rear bumpers are new as well. This trim howevetr misses out on the new alloys, the black plastic cladding on the bootlid and the fog lamps.
Quite a bit of the interior is also seen. Most noticeable is the new light-brown interior upholstery, the reworked centre console with its wider AC vents, gloss-black inserts, slightly reworked instrument cluster and new steering wheel. Missing in this particular car is the keyless-entry and go function and cruise control.
Renault has announced that it will move away from diesels once the BSVI norms become applicable in India. We expect the facelifted Duster to follow the trend set by the Triber and come with a petrol motor only. In this case, expect a BSVI compliant version of the 1.5-litre petrol making 106PS and 142Nm. A 5-speed manual and CVT is available with this motor.
This is the second facelift for the Duster, and while the SUV has been around for quite some time now, this change could reignite interest in this car again, even as Renault readies a viable replacement in the next few years. Expect a five to eight per cent increase in prices.
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055