2019 Renault Kwid Climber facelift teased again ahead of launch
Renault India has teased the 2019 Renault Kwid facelift again ahead of the car's launch in the next few weeks. This teaser shows the more lively Climber variant and carries the unique teal and orange paint scheme along with more plastic cladding.
The two-part headlamps design, a larger grille with the three horizontal slats and a wide air dam are apparent in this teaser. The rear is expected to sport a chunkier bumper, with high-mounted reflectors and a slightly redesigned tail lamp cluster with LED elements. Renault could also add some contrasting panels along the body to liven it up even further. No pictures of the interiors are available yet, but some of the Triber's bits can be expected to trickle down, like the new digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system.
Engine options will most likely remain unchanged, except for maybe BSVI compatibility. The Kwid currently comes with two 3-cylinder petrol options. The first is a 1.0-litre unit with 68PS and 91Nm and an 800cc motor with 54PS/72Nm. Both come equipped with a 5-speed manual and AMT. Expect the AMT to be a bit more responsive in this iteration and come with a floor-mounted shifter.
These new launches by Renault in India is part of a larger scheme to double how many cars it sells here. To this end, a small SUV is also in the works.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300