2019 Skoda Kodiaq RS is the new fastest 7-seater SUV around the Nurburgring
Even before it's been official launch later this year,Skoda is already breaking records with is newest SUV. The 2019 Skoda Kodiaq RS is now the fastest SUV with seven seats at the Nurburgring in Germany. The SUV driven by Sabine Schmitz set the lap record last month on May 18. Schmitz is the only woman driver to have won the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring race, is called the Nurburgring Queen. The Skoda Kodiaq RS is set for an October 2018 global reveal and launch. Schmitz drove the SUV around the challenging 20.8km circuit in 9minutes 29.84s to set the new record for 7-seater SUVs.
Skoda has clarified that the record-setting Kodiaq RS is the same production-spec which will be revealed to the public in October. The Skoda Kodiaq RS was recently teased ahead of its European unveil. The RS comes powered by a 2.0-litre BiTDI diesel that outputs 239PS and is expected to be making 500Nm or torque. It is similar to the one found on the VW Passat and Tiguan.
Skoda hasn't confirmed the RS version of the SUV for India yet, but we suspect it might make it here early next year. The Kodiaq was launched in a single trim in India at Rs 34.49 lakh (ex-showroom) in October 2017. It competes with the Volkswagen Tiguan and Hyundai Tucson, as well as Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Here's a video of the record attempt:
Here is the Skoda Kodiaq RS First Drive Video Review
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block