2019 Skoda Superb facelift unveiled internationally, gets plug-in hybrid
Skoda Auto has unveiled the facelifted Skoda Superb internationally. The car gets some minor but tasteful updates both outside and inside, with the biggest changes reserved for under the hood. It gets a plug-in hybrid option for the first time.
This hybrid is the first such car from the Czech brand, all EVs and hybrids from Skoda going forward will be seen under the iV banner. The Superb iV gets a 1.4 TSI motor making 158 PS and an electric motor with 116PS. These are mated to a six-speed DSG for a combined output of 221PS. This arrangement has already been seen on the Passat GTE and like that car the 13.5 kWh battery lets the Superb iV cover 55km on electric power alone.
The butterfly grille now has a thick chrome strip running over it while the headlamps are slimmer and full matrix LED units with new elements. Also new is the front bumper. The air dam is wider and stretches the entire length of the car, also housing the wide LED fog lamps. ets the wide Skoda lettering seen on the Scala while the tail lamps now have new detailing. Most notable is the thin chrome strip that runs the entire length of the rear, cutting through the lights, which now have sequential turn indicators. The rear bumper too has been redesigned with new grey inserts. The side profile remains identical, just with new split chrome badging on the fenders and doors. There new alloy wheel designs as well.
The interior's biggest addition is the Virtual Cockpit instrument cluster, VW's newest infotainment system and new chrome and other trim designs around the cabin.
The other engines continue as they were. We expect this car to come to India by the end of 2019, so expect the same 1.8 TSI and 2.0 diesel engine as earlier. The iV variant could also make a lot of sense for India. As a replacement for the diesel in light of upcoming price hikes with BSVI compliance. Also, this could help the Superb compete with the new Camry hybrid better.
Starts Rs 26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
- News2020 Kawasaki Z650 priced at Rs 5.94 lakh
- NewsLive Updates: Skoda Karoq, Superb facelift and Rapid TSI India launch, prices, specs, features, fuel efficiency, details
- NewsUpcoming W223 Mercedes-Benz S-Class teased ahead of debut in H2 2020
- NewsHandbuilt Rolls-Royce Cullinan 1:8 scale model shown
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota will resume production from May 26
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!