2019 Ssangyong Rexton G4 (Mahindra Alturas) SUV facelift unveiled internationally
The Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV, a version of which is sold here as the Mahindra Alturas G4, has received a mid-life update in global markets. The SUV was first launched in 2017. The changes are minor and focus on the looks of the vehicle.
The big change on the outside is the new grille which has a more detailed mesh pattern and has sharper edges rising upward towards the lamps. Other noticeable changes are the new more intricate alloy wheels and a rearrangement to the badging on the boot lid. On the inside, there is a new white and grey colour scheme replacing the tan trimmings on the current car.
There are no changes mechanically. It continues with the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel motor, but power has been raised to 187PS from the earlier 181PS. Torque remains unchanged at 420 Nm.
The Alturas G4 is available with a proper four-wheel-drive system with low range. A rotary dial has been provided to shift on the fly. A six-speed manual is available internationally but we get a seven-speed mercedes=sourced torque-converter unit. The Mahindra Alturas G4 is available in two trim options. The lower-spec 4X2 AT is priced at Rs 26.95 lakh while the fully loaded 4X4 AT is priced at Rs 29.95 lakh. We expect a Rs 25,000 to 30,000 hike when the updated SUV launches here.
Also see: Mahindra Alturas G4 vs Toyota Fortuner Comparison Test Video:
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know
- NewsAll-new Triumph Tiger 900 Rally and GT to be unveiled on December 3