2019 Suzuki Access drum brake version gets CBS, priced at Rs 56,667
Suzuki Motorcycle India has equipped the drum brake version of the Suzuki Access scooter with a Combined Braking System, at a price of Rs 56,667 (ex-showroom, Delhi). This comes after the disc variant of the scooter received a similar update in June 2018.
The CBS is a useful feature that conforms to upcoming norms from the Indian government. It enables the rider to engage the front as well as rear brakes simultaneously with the use of only the left brake lever.
The system, claims Suzuki, reduces braking distance under certain conditions, enhancing safety. Apart from the addition of CBS, the 2018 Suzuki Access 125 remains unchanged mechanically as well aesthetically.
The 125cc single in the Access develops 8. 7PS at 7, 000rpm and 10Nm at 10,500rpm. These had been class-leading numbers until the TVS Ntorq 125 came along earlier this year. To see how the Access 125 stacks up to its competition, read our comparison here.
Speaking of this development, Devashish Handa, vice president for sales, marketing and After-Sales at SMIPL said, 'It gives us immense pleasure to introduce the CBS-equipped Access 125 drum brake variant. Suzuki Motorcycle is committed to improving and innovating its products for better riding experience and the introduction of CBS to Access 125's drum variant is a step further to fulfilling this promise. Suzuki now has standardised its complete range of scooters with this safety feature. We are confident that with the new enhancements, we'll be able to further add to the riding experience provided by our products.'
Starts Rs 64,800
Starts Rs 59,462
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block